Patch for devel/apr1

Eygene Ryabinkin rea at freebsd.org
Mon Feb 24 14:59:28 UTC 2014

Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 03:51:00PM +0100, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
> +--On 24 février 2014 18:30:51 +0400 Eygene Ryabinkin <rea at freebsd.org>
> wrote:
> | http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/book.ht
> | ml section 5.12.2.2?  Or, alternatively, with Mk/bsd.options.mk lines 178,
>
> I'm familiar with the porter's handbook, where in 5.12.2.2 do you see
> anything about WITH_ or WITHOUT_ ?

It says "OPTIONS_DEFINE contains a list of OPTIONS to be used. These
are independent of each other and are not grouped".

> If you need to globally set some options, you should put things like this
> in your make.conf:
>
> OPTIONS_SET= LDAP
>
> Or like antoine said, if you need them on the command line, WITH=LDAP

I am setting per-port options via
{{{
# Apache portable library
.if ${.CURDIR:M/usr/ports/devel/apr1}
BATCH=yes
WITH_THREADS=yes
WITHOUT_IPV6=yes
WITH_BDB=yes
WITH_GDBM=yes
WITHOUT_LDAP=yes
WITHOUT_MYSQL=yes
WITHOUT_NDBM=yes
WITHOUT_PGSQL=yes
WITHOUT_SQLITE=yes
WITH_DEVRANDOM=yes
.endif
}}}

Probably it should be changed to 'WITH=THREADS BDB GDBM ...', but why
WITH_/WITHOUT_ knobs were eliminated?  I have over 100 systems where
I have these settings for over than 200 ports on each.  Of course, I can
automate that, but what was the reason?
--
Eygene Ryabinkin                                        ,,,^..^,,,
[ Life's unfair - but root password helps!           | codelabs.ru ]