FreeBSD Port: www/mod_wsgi3

Douglas Thrift douglas at douglasthrift.net
Thu Aug 1 20:28:33 UTC 2013

On 8/1/2013 12:57 PM, Nick Rosier wrote:
> Douglas Thrift wrote:
>> On 7/31/2013 1:10 PM, Nick Rosier wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> any chance on getting an updated port that supports Apache 2.4?
>>>
>>> Rgds,
>>> N.
>>>

>> Hello Nick,
>>
>> The www/mod_wsgi3 port specifies USE_APACHE= 22+, so I'm pretty sure it
>> should be able to install just fine with Apache 2.4. Is there a specific
>> problem that you are seeing?
>>
> Hi Douglas,
>
> thanks for the swift response. I'm using poudriere to build all my
> packages. I've built Apache 2.4 and when I try to pull in mod_wsgi3 it
> fails as it tries to pull in Apache 2.2 which is blocked by 2.4.
> Don't know if it's a fault of poudriere or incompatibility with Apache
> 2.4. This is the 1st time I run into such a problem.
>
> Rgds,
> N.

Hello Nick,

I think you need to use the APACHE_PORT knob listed in bsd.apache.mk:

# =========================================================================
# Parameter APACHE_PORT (user controlled):
#
# The parameter APACHE_PORT can be used in /etc/make.conf to
# overwrite the default apache port.
#
# This parameter should never be used in the Makefile of a port!
#
# Example entry in /etc/make.conf:
#  APACHE_PORT= www/apache22
#
# To get a list of "possible" valid values execute the command:
#  $> egrep 'apache[12]' ports/www/Makefile | awk '{print "www/" $3}'
#

--
Douglas William Thrift
<douglas at douglasthrift.net>