Having troubles with mod_php and expat

Pavneet Arora pavneet.arora at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 09:01:35 PDT 2005

Hello there,

Forgive me for this naive problem, but I have been scouring the archives
and the net for some resonance that may point to a solution without success:

I recently upgraded my FreeBSD 5.1 system to a FreeBSD 5.4 system.
Along the way I used the port system to upgrade Perl (5.8.7), mod_perl
(mod_perl2-2.0.1,2), PHP (4.4.0), mod_php (mod_php4-4.4.0,1), Apache
(apache-2.0.54_4), expat (1.95.8_3), etc.

Both Perl and PHP are loaded in httpd.conf as modules

All of this was an effort to install the SugarCRM port, but this is
incidental.

The problem is quite simple...

 From php, I am unable to access any of the XML functions.  So the
following script:

<?phpinfo() ?>
<?
if (function_exists('xml_parser_create')) {
         echo '<b>OK</b>';
}
else {
         echo '<b>Not Available</b>';
}
?>

Yields "Not Available".  I only offer this snippet since this is the
test that SugarCRM tries on install and fails on.

Your guidance would be gratefully accepted.

Many thanks.

--
-----
- Pavneet Arora