2.0 -> 2.2

Paul Querna chip at force-elite.com
Sat Sep 4 22:59:20 PDT 2004

I don't believe any plans are 100% set in stone yet, but many of the
committers(including me) from Apache would like to make a new stable 2.2
branch this fall. (Likely during ApacheCon, November 13-17).

This release has lots of cool new features (And, I don't want to write a
summary document right now...), but my main question is for the FreeBSD
Ports, will you shift the main Apache2 port to the 2.2 branch, or will
you create a separate httpd-2.2 port?

I don't want to even imply switching over on the 2.2.0 release day, but
what is the general plan for FreeBSD?

Thanks,

-Paul Querna