KQueue Patches

Clement Laforet sheepkiller at cultdeadsheep.org
Wed Aug 25 01:54:54 PDT 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:40:09 -0600
Paul Querna <chip at force-elite.com> wrote:

Hi Paul,
> I am the author of the KQueue/Epoll support for APR/Apache-2.1.  I
> noticed that the Ports are including these changes as an optional
> patch.(cool!)
Thanks for your nice job! (note: it's WITH_EXPERIMENTAL_PATCHES knob)

> I was wondering if anyone has had success using this patch, or if they
> have had any problems since applying it?
I run it on my personnal apache server and on my crashbox. And I never
encounter problem. I'm currently running benchmarch with debug.mpsafenet
set to "1". Unfortunalty it's a UP system.

> I am also wondering if anyone has started writing a document about
> performance tuning Apache 2.0/2.1 just for FreeBSD?  There are many
> small optimizations that can make a huge difference in production.
A such document is planned, I (we?) have more urgent stuff to do.
Feel free to discuss performance tuning here, it's easier to write doc
from archives ;-)

clem