BOUNCE freebsd-announce@FreeBSD.ORG: Non-member submission from [Jeffrey Hsu <hsu>] (fwd)
Jonathan M. Bresler
Thu Sep 26 17:03:23 PDT 1996
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 14:37:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeffrey Hsu <hsu>
Message-Id: <199609262137.OAA29050 at freefall.freebsd.org>
Subject: JDK 1.0.2 for FreeBSD
A native FreeBSD binary distribution of the JDK 1.0.2 is now available from
This port contains the java interpreter, compiler, and appletviewer.
This is a completely unsupported distribution.
1. Grab freefall.FreeBSD.org:/pub/FreeBSD/LOCAL_PORTS/jdk102.tar.gz.
2. Create a directory and untar the FreeBSD distribution in there.
3. Install the pdksh port.
Running the JDK
If your JDK directory is rooted at <jdk>, you need to set
1. your path to include the <jdk>/bin directory
2. CLASSPATH environment variable to .:<jdk>/classes
3. LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include <jdk>/lib/i386
To compile a java program, invoke 'javac program.java'.
To run it, use 'java <name of main class>'.
Answers to Common Questions
Q: Do I need Motif?
Q: Which version of FreeBSD does this work on?
A: I run the current version of FreeBSD, so that's the only version which
Q: It doesn't work on my machine. What do I do?
A: You are out of luck. This is a completely unsupported distribution.
More information about the freebsd-announce