[CFT] gcc: support for barcelona

Pedro Giffuni pfg at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 27 16:44:44 UTC 2013

Hello;

Almost a year ago I tried to bring in the support for AMD's barcelona
chipset into our gcc. This actually filled a lot of holes in that were left
when similar intel support was brought in.

Unfortunately I had to revert rapidly such support as it broke building
some C++ ports even when it was not being used.

jkim@ did some cleanup of the support and the patch has been
gathering rust here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/reworked-r236962-3.diff

The patch still applies cleanly and there is a good chance it will work
since there have been other fixes merged since the last time.

I did some basic testing and so far it works for me but I don't have
the specific chipset. Additional testing would be welcome.

regards,

Pedro.