New builds won't boot (fwd)

Chris Hedley freebsd-current at chrishedley.com
Sat Jul 4 21:37:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Gary Jennejohn wrote:

> Ah, yes.  Now that I think about it again, you're right.  That's also
> when I started seeing it.
>
> I'm now running mav's ata-cam patches and took ATA_STATIC_ID out of
> my config file.  I'd sort of forgotten when/why I'd done it.
>
> Sorry for the confusion.

No problems, I may have a look at the ata-cam patch myself to see if
that's any more successful.  So thanks for the idea. :)

On a completely different subject (and unrelated to the kind souls who
have helped out), I'm a bit miffed to find these messages have been gated
onto the web by freebsd.org, kerneltrap.org et al with complete, intact
email addresses making them easily available to every spammer, 419er and
other miscreant on the net.  I was wondering why the amount of spam I was
getting had tripled in the last fortnight. >:(