Intel Matrixraid on amd64

Benny Goemans benny.goemans at belgacom.net
Sat Dec 26 20:40:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

well, it's actually 4 disks in a mixed RAID 5 and RAID 0 solution. The data on
the RAID 0 can be easily replaced, the important data and operating systems
are on a RAID 5. On this RAID 5 there are multiple OS's running so there's no
easy solution to migrating.
I know the Intel setup may be risky but it's been setup as-is and I really
can't risk changing the setup itself at the moment (reinstalling all OS's
etc). And until now it's been working nicely from 6.0-RELEASE up to 8.0-
RELEASE, all i386 architecture. Now I just need the AMD64 architecture up-and-
running :)
So I'm hoping this is some easily fixable thing. I should also be able to
supply the necessary debugging info to whoever needs it.

Regards,

Benny Goemans