Intel Matrixraid on amd64

Gót András andrej at antiszoc.hu
Sat Dec 26 20:13:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

I had this issue on an AMD64 FreeBSD installed machine. My problem was not
with the freebsd driver. I assume it was working as written (FreeBSD stuff
is quite well documented and working as documented). The real problem came
at the reboot. I'd suggest to go with gmirror which is a transparent
solution, so you can mount your drives separately also.

Imho, take a look at you config and if it's a transparent raid1 setup,
just migrate easily to gmirror. For a RAID1 config you won't get much more
speed with a real and relatively expensive raid card.

Yes, maybe I got paranoid after that hard weekend and also know that intel
stuff works much better than nvidia when came to chipsets and the like.
But I'd not give my data to a half-solution.

Andras