CFT: k8temp driver

Rui Paulo rpaulo at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 11 12:53:50 UTC 2008

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 03:59:04PM +0000, Rui Paulo wrote:
> Hi,
> Some AMD systems have two thermal sensors on both cores. I wrote a simple
> driver to access these temperatures, but I don't have a system to test. If
> anyone has a AMD K8 system, I would love if you could test the k8temp
> driver that I wrote based on the Linux one.
>
> Get it at:
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~rpaulo/k8temp.tgz
>
> Compile/test with:
> 	$ tar xzvf k8temp.tgz && cd k8temp
> 	$ make SYSDIR=/path/to/src/sys
> 	# kldload ./k8temp.ko
>
> This is still pre-alpha quality, so please don't use it on a production
> system.

Please try the new version at the same URL:
       http://people.freebsd.org/~rpaulo/k8temp.tgz

It should be more kind to those systems that can't clear the config
register, and it should also create a sysctl node under
dev.cpu.N.temperature with the maximum temperature between sensor 0
and sensor 1 of each core.

Thanks,
--
Rui Paulo