How to make Apache (2.2.4) less greedy, or Sendmail less polite?

Olaf Greve o.greve at axis.nl
Fri May 4 16:01:59 UTC 2007

Hi,

 >Investigate the Apache server-status handler (assuming its still
there in
 >2.2).  If you also enable the ExtendedStatus output from server-
status,

I just enabled it like that, as well as the server-info handler. This
is indeed what I was looking for, and it directly identified the
culprit, being one of the (PHP) scripts I use on one of my
photography sites.
I don't know exactly what is going on yet (i.e. when I call the
script, on some of the pictures it works fine, and on some others it
seems to be blocking forever, and doesn't seem to serve anything, but
rather it seems to get stuck)...
I suspect the picture resizing code may be at fault...

O.k., I'll check this out, and will let you guys know how I get along
with it, and if indeed the script is at fault, or whether it is due
to some PHP/Apache issue.

Cheers!
Olafo