mysql shared objects getting lost after reboot

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Tue Mar 28 18:42:30 UTC 2006

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:28:44 -0600
"Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/28/06, Ken Gunderson <kgunders at teamcool.net> wrote:
> > Howdy Folks:
> >
> > I'm getting messages like this in my logs:
> >
> > Mar 28 10:19:09 gw02-ny postfix/smtpd[819]: unable to dlopen /usr/local/
> > lib/sasl2/libsql.so: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.15" not found,
> > required by "libsql.so"
> >
> > Rebuilding mysql-client, postfix, and restarting /usr/local/etc/rc.d
> > scripts fixes the problem _until_ a reboot, then it reappears.  The
> > libs are all there but not found.  Recently ldconfig_compat was removed
> > from / etc/rc.d and mysql-client.sh no longer installed by client
> > port.  Then there was the libtool redo- ports were all rebuilt after
> > that via portupgrade.
> >
> > Pretty much exactly the same issue as is reported here:
> >
> > <http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=993919+0+archive/2006/freebsd-questions/20060305.freebsd-questions>
> >
> > Any clues as to why my amd64 machines might be confused?
> >

> Do you have a /usr/local/libdata/ldconfig/mysql file? If you do, does
> this file contain the path to your MySQL libraries?

Yes.

> You should also see the script that does the ldconfig show the
> /usr/local/libdata/ldconfig/mysql when you boot the system.

Might this be related to the removal of /etc/rd.c/ldconfig_compat?  /
etc/rc.d/ldconfig doesn't seem to be picking up the libs at boot.  On a
system where I've done a rebuild of the ports w/o rebooting:

gw02-ny# ldconfig -r | grep mysql
        search directories: /lib:/usr/lib:/usr/lib/compat:/usr/local/
lib:/usr/local/lib/compat/pkg:/usr/local/lib/mysql 103:-
lmysqlclient_r.15 => /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.15 104:-
lmysqlclient.15 => /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15

But after a reboot, e.g.:

kobuk# ldconfig -r | grep mysql
kobuk#

I initially thought this was only on my amd64 boxes but now see it's
occurring on i386 machines as well.

--
Best regards,

Ken Gunderson