mysql shared objects getting lost after reboot

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 17:39:10 UTC 2006

On 3/28/06, Ken Gunderson <kgunders at teamcool.net> wrote:
> Howdy Folks:
>
> I'm getting messages like this in my logs:
>
> Mar 28 10:19:09 gw02-ny postfix/smtpd[819]: unable to dlopen /usr/local/
> lib/sasl2/libsql.so: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.15" not found,
> required by "libsql.so"
>
> Rebuilding mysql-client, postfix, and restarting /usr/local/etc/rc.d
> scripts fixes the problem _until_ a reboot, then it reappears.  The
> libs are all there but not found.  Recently ldconfig_compat was removed
> from / etc/rc.d and mysql-client.sh no longer installed by client
> port.  Then there was the libtool redo- ports were all rebuilt after
> that via portupgrade.
>
> Pretty much exactly the same issue as is reported here:
>
> <http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=993919+0+archive/2006/freebsd-questions/20060305.freebsd-questions>
>
> Any clues as to why my amd64 machines might be confused?

Do you have a /usr/local/libdata/ldconfig/mysql file? If you do, does
this file contain the path to your MySQL libraries?

You should also see the script that does the ldconfig show the
/usr/local/libdata/ldconfig/mysql when you boot the system.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.