Turion 64 X2 support in future versions of FreeBSD.

Michael spampass at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 18:33:33 UTC 2006

On 7/7/06, Jung-uk Kim <jkim at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > Is there any chance that support for this processor will be
> > presented in upcomming FreeBSD release? For now I can boot
> > FreeBSD-amd64 6.1 distribution on my laptop with X2, but only with
> > ACPI disabled, otherwise i'll get develishly slow machine, which
> > respond to keypress for about a minute and which one I can't even
> > shutdown.
>
> I don't think that's CPU specific issue, i.e., Turion 64 X2 should be
> supported by default.
>
> economy_cx_lowest="NONE"
> performance_cx_lowest="NONE"

Thanks for advice! I've tried that, but no luck - absolutely the same
result. The reason why I was asking about *support* for that processor
is, that there is no mention for X2 in
http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/amd64.html. Only Turion 64, and no
X2. And personally I think, that things breaks because of second core
of CPU :-\