Turion 64 X2 support in future versions of FreeBSD.

Jung-uk Kim jkim at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 6 22:19:01 UTC 2006

On Thursday 06 July 2006 05:47 pm, Michael wrote:
> Hello, folks!
>
> Is there any chance that support for this processor will be
> presented in upcomming FreeBSD release? For now I can boot
> FreeBSD-amd64 6.1 distribution on my laptop with X2, but only with
> ACPI disabled, otherwise i'll get develishly slow machine, which
> respond to keypress for about a minute and which one I can't even
> shutdown. Another problem is: when running without ACPI I can't
> start x-server, it get crashed every time with "signal 8".

I don't think that's CPU specific issue, i.e., Turion 64 X2 should be
supported by default.

Recently I have seen similar problems with CPU Cx state changes.  Try
the following in your /etc/rc.conf:

economy_cx_lowest="NONE"
performance_cx_lowest="NONE"

and reboot with ACPI.