asus a8n-vm csm question...

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sat Jan 21 05:33:30 PST 2006

On Friday 20 January 2006 23:49, Jacob Frelinger wrote:
> I'm looking into any hint on getting the amd64 version of freebsd
> working on a asus a8n-vm csm.  I've seen Adriaan de Groot's posts of
> how to get the i386 version working, but i haven't found anything
> about how to get the amd64 build to work.  the 6.0 install cd hangs
> right after displaying "Timecounters tick every 1.000 msec".
> would current have better luck then 6.0?

Probably not until either the checks on BAD CHARACTER are relaxed *or* the
DSDT is fixed. You could try burning a new install CD with the modified DSDT
on it and try that -- doing so is somewhere on my list of things to do, but
it's so far down I can't even see it from here.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot