first time with a 64bit CPU ... kernel config ...

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Wed Jan 11 07:19:03 PST 2006

On Jan 10, 2006, at 10:57 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> 1/ I'm running a 3.4G Xeon ... what should I put here for cpu?

Leave the GENERIC file as-is, and only remove devices you do not
have, such as all those bazillion ethernet devices and such, and
remove options you do not need such as NFS_ROOT

I also remove tape changers and the like, and usually disable USB
unless the machine only has a USB keyboard.

It looks pretty much like what you've done :-)

I've never tried linux compat in a 64 bit box, so I can't comment on
that.