Areca Weirdness

Lawrence Farr freebsd-smp at epcdirect.co.uk
Fri Dec 15 05:17:32 PST 2006

** lots of helpful info cut from here **

> bye
> Fabian

Hi Fabian,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed reply!

I created a 2Tb volume within the raid set and booted off that
without issue in the end. On Linux and FreeBSD I had to use GPT
support for the larger partitions. Coincidentally, the culprit
of the mystery crashes that I was having may have been a dodgy
power supply (it went off with an impressive bang yesterday).
It had been fine on i386 booting directly from the Areca for a
few weeks now tho.