suggestions for SATA RAID cards

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Thu Aug 24 00:37:06 UTC 2006

Dan Langille writes:

> On 23 Aug 2006 at 10:05, Greg Martin wrote:
>
>> I find it hard to believe nobody has mentioned 3ware, they are a bit
>> more expensive but you pay for top notch quality, stability...

3wares once they are up and running they seem reliable.. but of 6 (maybe 7)
controllers we have got so far.. 2 of them have had problems and needed to
be replaced. Not exactly very good percentage of defect. :-(

> I do like their CLI interface.  It is very comprehensive:
> http://www.freebsddiary.org/3ware-9550SX-8LP-cli.php

Have you tried the web interface?
It's much nicer than CLI.. and you can set it up to listen only on 127 and
then do a port forward with SSH.