amd64 Radeon 9000 nForce3 250 agp support - Yes and No

Ganael Laplanche ganael.laplanche at martymac.com
Fri Sep 16 01:00:22 PDT 2005

> On Thursday 15 September 2005 11:53 am, Ganael Laplanche wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I tried beta-1 with Radeon 9000 pro and nforce3-250gb, but system
> > hangs during X bootup. I had to go back to the goold old driver
> > from 5.x :(
>
> The 'good old' driver uses generic nForce AGP interface.  If the
> driver really works, I will be surprised.  I admit agp_amd64.c
> requires more work (esp. chipset-specific handling including nForce)
> but I had no time/hardware.
>
> Anyway you have to make sure agp(4) really works for you.

Hi again,

No, I have no agp support, but using the old driver allows me to start X... I
remember using the new driver made a /dev/agpgart appear, but the system crashes
at X startup...

> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200405181244.28716.jkim
>
> > The PR is here :
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/84015
> >
> > Any clue ?
>
> Have you tried xorg-server-snap?  If it doesn't work, can you try
> this?

No, I didn't, but I think I'll have the same pb since agp code for nforce3-250
is not correct in the kernel :(

> http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/xorg-server-snap.diff
>
> Thanks,

Thanks to you,