amd64 Radeon 9000 nForce3 250 agp support - Yes and No

Jung-uk Kim jkim at FreeBSD.org
Thu Sep 15 09:20:14 PDT 2005

On Thursday 15 September 2005 11:53 am, Ganael Laplanche wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried beta-1 with Radeon 9000 pro and nforce3-250gb, but system
> hangs during X bootup. I had to go back to the goold old driver
> from 5.x :(

The 'good old' driver uses generic nForce AGP interface.  If the
driver really works, I will be surprised.  I admit agp_amd64.c
requires more work (esp. chipset-specific handling including nForce)
but I had no time/hardware.

Anyway you have to make sure agp(4) really works for you.

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200405181244.28716.jkim

> The PR is here :
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/84015
>
> Any clue ?

Have you tried xorg-server-snap?  If it doesn't work, can you try
this?

http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/xorg-server-snap.diff

Thanks,

Jung-uk Kim