Asus A8N Deluxe sli (for anyone thats using one)

David Reid david at jetnet.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 14:20:27 PDT 2005

Ken Gunderson wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 14:41:00 +0100
> Little Wooden Boy <notesoncircumscribingthesky at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>The nve ethernet seemed to crash it all the time using 6.0-current,
>>but recompiling the kernel without witness and having top running on
>>the desktop at all times seems to stop the crash...
>>
>>I know this is only a temporary measure but it helps..
>>Hope there is some work going on into a permanent fix, I'd like to
>>stick with bsd.
>

> Per the FBSD-AMD mainboard page:
>
> <http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/amd64/motherboards.html>
>
> I would have thought this board would +/- work with nve(4) under 6-
> current.  Apparently it does not?  Anybody else can comment on their
> experiences because I am close to buying an nForce4 Ultra based board.

I would run away from any such board :-(

OK, so it works, but the on board nve doesn't and the RAID isn't as good
as I hoped it might be :-(

Also, given that nVidia don't seem willing to reveal the
super-secret-squirrel specs for anything on the board I'm not sure it's
ever going to work as well as some of the board from more enlightened
manafacturers.

I'm seriously contemplating changing my motherboard away from an Abit
AN-8 Ultra for the above reasons.

david