6.0 boot CD does not boot?

Christopher Thomas nicca64 at srt.com
Sun Nov 27 14:36:32 GMT 2005

Derrick Edwards wrote:

>> 	All,
>> I am also having this problem. I even tried 3 times. I read the previous post
>> and I would like to know the procedure for this solution.
>>
>> "You could boot and install as i386 and cross-build your way into amd64 land.
>> It's pretty straightforward."
>>
>> Not exactly sure where to start.
>> Thanks
>> Derrick

I too am having this problem with 6.0-release amd64. Posted about this in my Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D thread. Not sure if its the same problem as this gent is having. But a problem none-the-less.

--I'm a little worried by the number of reports of this.  Can you send
--information on your motherboard, BIOS, and cdrom?
--Scott

To add to a potential non-working amd64 database. Here is my specs as well. (Considering I'm not the only one.)

Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D
AMD64 3500+
1GB GeIL DDR 400
NEC DVD-RW
BIOS: Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS

Although I think a problem with mine might have been the ataraid module trying to load at boot, but I'm not sure and at this point, unable to retest the issue.

Hope this helps,
Christopher Thomas