nasty amd64 date bug?

Axel Gonzalez loox at e-shell.net
Thu Nov 17 08:26:16 PST 2005

$ date -r 190300000000
Sun May 14 01:06:40 CST 8000

This is probably a bios error, that can't handle dates so much in the future

This happens only on amd64, because it uses 64 bits utimes.

On i386, with 32 bits utimes, the maximun date is about 2032, so the bios
shouldn't have problems with that date (remember the *nix version of the y2k
problem ??)

So this is not really a bug, is a feature ;)