problems recompiling world and kernel on K8QS Pro on 5.4

Claus Guttesen kometen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 04:56:31 PST 2005

> > /usr/src/lib/libc/net/eui64.c:196: internal compiler error: Bus error
> > Please submit a full bug report,
> > with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> > See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
> >
> > I received the server last week so the bios should be up to date. The
> > server has 8 GB RAM as eigth 1 GB modules. I have added hw.physmem=4G
> > to /boot/loader.conf but that does not prevent the compiler errors.
> >

> This is a FAQ..look for hardware problems.

I can't find the FAQ your refer to. Searching google and freebsd
referred to issues related to Tyan boards, but none of the suggestions
solved the issue.

The RAM installed is 1 GB ECC PC3200 Corsair modules
(CM72SD1024RLP-3200/S). These aren't listed as recommended, but the
slightly slower PC2700 1 GB module is.

I don't have access to PC2700 RAM atm. so I can't test whether this
cause my problems.

regards
Claus