Rackmount MP AMD boxes?

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Mon May 16 00:11:30 PDT 2005

On Sun, 15 May 2005 21:16:34 -0700
ray at redshift.com wrote:

> Hi George,
>
>   We buy all our cluster servers from these guys.  Great prices on AMD stuff
> (including dual core) and the best after sales service I've found in years.
> They have very nice cases and can pretty much hook you up with whatever you need.
>
> http://www.opensourcestorage.com
>
> They sell to all the big companies using open source, such as FreeBSD, etc and
> have rolled out several 400 and 500+ node projects recently in data centers in
> and around our area (San Jose).
>
> Ask for Eren and feel free to let him know Ray referred you.  They should be
> able to handle whatever you need as far as AMD boxes.
>
> Ray

My distributor was temporarily out of stock so I tried to do some biz
w/ these guys recently.  They kept pushing Intel, Intel, Intel...
Prices were way higher than I could get elsewhere and they told me in
not so many words that I was too small time to be of much interest to
them.  A few hundred nodes might pique their interest but one certainly
didn't.  Did talk w/one of their tech guys for about an hour or so and
he was quite knowledgeable and helpful.  Experience w/sales dept. was
just the opposite.  Arrogant would sum it up...

--
Best regards,

Ken Gunderson
GPG Key-- 9F5179FD

"Freedom begins between the ears."	-- Edward Abbey