iWill ZMaxDP

gnn at freebsd.org gnn at freebsd.org
Thu May 12 20:49:29 PDT 2005

At Thu, 12 May 2005 20:36:26 -0700,
Steve Kargl wrote:

> On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 11:32:14PM -0400, gnn at freebsd.org wrote:
> > So, I'm considering doing 2P work on FreeBSD-CURRENT with the above
> > box.  Specs:
> >
> > nVIDIA nForce3 Professional MCP
> >
> > TI IEEE1394 TSB43AB22PDT Host Controller
> >
> > Marvell 88E1111 PHY
> >
> > Native nVIDIA Ethernet MAC
> >
> > I saw some issues in the mailing list in January but I'm wondering how
> > this box is working lately.
> >

> Buyer beware.  Read the last 4 months of the mailing list.

I read over that.  Perhaps I should be more specific.  This if for
kernel hacking on 2P machine at home.  I'd prefer a small, quiet, 2P
machine as I will get murdered if I put a loud machine in the living
room ;-)  So, it's not a desktop machine, and it will be running the
bleeding edge.

Any recommendations given the previous comments?

Thanks,
George