[sean@gigave.com: Strange backtrace from amd64 + mysqld...]

Sean Chittenden sean at gigave.com
Fri Feb 11 14:54:06 PST 2005

At the encouragement of rwatson@, I'm forwarding this msg here given
my problems supposedly don't exist on i386.

I have a not too terribly large MySQL installation, but it's busy
enough doing a mix of operations.  On busy afternoons and after a
preen of the db files, it can take less than an hour for MySQL to trip
over itself and start eating its lunch.  By that I mean, every 20-30
seconds it lays a nice fat core file and continues to do so for hours
on end until I manually shut the db down and bring it back up again.
Between core files, it seems to tick along well for a few seconds
(roughly 500-1000 database operations), then t pukes all over again.

The stack trace in the attached is strange, to say the least, so I'm
wondering if anyone has any pointers in terms of what I could/should
do to get amd64 + MySQL to run happily (believe me, if I had my
choice, I'd port this customer to Pg).

I'm more than willing to get shell accounts to an interested party.
Any advice for amd64 + MySQL on RELENG_5 (~2005-02-07)?  tia.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden