version 6.0 and AMD64

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Dec 27 01:21:02 PST 2005

On Monday 26 December 2005 21:35, je killen wrote:
> I purchased Version 6.0 from FreeBSD Mall and am now concerned that the
> packaged system will work on AMD64 which I have, The processor I have
> and want to use is socket 754, if it makes a difference.

Socket 754 is an amd64 socket, so that'll be fine (unless there are socket 754
Semprons without 64-bit? The AMD website doesn't say in so many words "this
is not a 64-bit processor", but neither does it tout 64-bitness. In that
case, it's not the socket type that's most interesting, but the CPU family
(Athlon64 vs. Sempron) that is.).

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot