AMD 64 & 5.4 i386 intalls

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Fri Aug 5 07:57:28 GMT 2005

On Friday 05 August 2005 02:53, Randy Powell wrote:
> Freebsd5.4 installs on the other two. Since my current system is i386,
> my fear is that I will have to reload BSD5.4 amd64 program.

It's not really clear what you're asking here. In any case, FreeBSD i386 runs
just fine on amd64 hardware, you just won't have the amd64 specific things
turned on -- only really relevant if you have lots of memory, do scientific
computing, or run big databases (in which case recent threads suggest that
it's faster to run i386 anyway).

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot