Recommendations?

Florent Thoumie flz at xbsd.org
Fri Apr 15 15:23:44 PDT 2005

Le Friday 15 April 2005 à 14:16 -0700, David O'Brien a écrit :
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 06:09:04PM -0700, Astrodog wrote:

> > > DES stop spreading FUD.
> >
> > I think the point to be made here, is that there are SOME specific
> > nforce based boards, that work great,
>
> There are?  Which??  The SK8N that DES will respond to my email is
> actually high on the "bizzare issues" list.

	I have an Asus A8N-SLI (nforce4) Motherboard based box running
	5-STABLE for some time now. Issues are :
	x ACPI (quite common),
	x Sound (not much a problem since I have an Emu10K1 based sound
	card which is far better),
	x Network (sk0 works fine, but not should-be-nv0),
	x USB (no clue, I'm not using it ATM but firewire works).

	The system is totally usable, I have a Geforce 6600 PCI-E and
	the whole thing runs Xorg 6.8.2 with nv driver. I'm totally
	happy with it.

	As Dag-Erling said, it'll be good if you were not giving false
	information and better (my opinion), as re-amd64@ if you were
	trying to get better relationship with Nvidia.

--
Florent Thoumie
flz at xbsd.org