Problems with AMD64 and 8 GB RAM?

Willem Jan Withagen wjw at withagen.nl
Fri Apr 8 13:36:01 PDT 2005

David O'Brien wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 09:33:05AM +0200, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
>
>>I'm sorry to come into this discussion after 58 messages, but this board
>>has been extensively discussed about 1 year ago, because it gave me trouble
>>to no end (even with 2Gb). One of the early amd64 developers (not David or
>>Scott) had the same board but could not get it stable under amd64 (i386 was
>>fine with 2Gb). He tossed it, and suggested me to do the same.
>

> Hogwash.  It was Peter Wemm and he was talking about the Asus SK8N, not
> the MSI K8T Master2-FAR.

Not true....

unfortunatley I cannot seem to find the old mails on this. Probably got lost
when upgrading my WinBox. But I'm very shure about this, why else would I burn
a nice board and get me an expensive new one??? It is still somewhere in my
storage....

I had several people look at my kerneldumps. (I even needed to fix a small bug
for that in doadump().) Nobody seemed to be able to really explain what was
wrong, and everything magically went away when I bought the Tyan board. So
please don't tell me I was smoking something illegal.

--WjW