Working and broken Linux ports on amd64

Astrodog astrodog at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 01:11:23 PST 2005

On Apr 2, 2005 12:19 AM, Francois Tigeot <ftigeot at wolfpond.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 05:15:41PM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 07:57:21AM +0200, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> > > This one can be fixed by the patch in this PR:
> > > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/79009
> >
> > The patch isn't quite right -- don't [re]define MACHINE_ARCH, change any
> > instance of "MACHINE_ARCH" to "ARCH".
>
> This part is for graphics/linux-jpeg. This port includes the Makefile of
> x11-toolkits/linux-gtk instead of bsd.port.{post|pre}.mk .
>
> With the current port, MACHINE_ARCH is defined and ARCH is not.
> I believe ARCH is defined in bsd.port.pre.mk.
>
> Since bsd.port.pre.mk cannot be included twice, I would need to copy most
> of the content of x11-toolkits/linux-gtk/Makefile into linux-jpeg/Makefile
> just to use the ARCH variable.
>
> I would like to avoid this if there is a better way.
>
> --
> Francois Tigeot

I'm going to try making all Linux compat ports AMD64 capible over the
next few weeks. Since we have Linux32 compat, this shouldn't be a
problem, and ports that don't work seem to be a special case, as
opposed to the general rule. How should I submit the diff for this,
and how should I report ports that don't work in this scenario?