Working and broken Linux ports on amd64

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Sat Apr 2 00:19:27 PST 2005

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 05:15:41PM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 07:57:21AM +0200, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> > This one can be fixed by the patch in this PR:
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/79009
>
> The patch isn't quite right -- don't [re]define MACHINE_ARCH, change any
> instance of "MACHINE_ARCH" to "ARCH".

This part is for graphics/linux-jpeg. This port includes the Makefile of
x11-toolkits/linux-gtk instead of bsd.port.{post|pre}.mk .

With the current port, MACHINE_ARCH is defined and ARCH is not.
I believe ARCH is defined in bsd.port.pre.mk.

Since bsd.port.pre.mk cannot be included twice, I would need to copy most
of the content of x11-toolkits/linux-gtk/Makefile into linux-jpeg/Makefile
just to use the ARCH variable.

I would like to avoid this if there is a better way.

--
Francois Tigeot