MB ASUS

Ernst W. Winter ewinter at ewinter.org
Tue Oct 26 11:17:44 PDT 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, David O'Brien wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 07:30:24PM +0200, Ernst W. Winter wrote:
> > how are MB's from Asus going with amd64, for example:
> >
> >  ASUS K8V SE Deluxe 754 ATX
>
> What chipset does these boards use?  The rule of thumb is don't use
> the nVidia nForce3 chipet.  I don't see so much different between
> board manufacturers as the chipsets used.

Well the above has a VIA K8T800 and that is why I think I might use
it next. I have a Gigabyte GA-K8NS and running 5.3-STABLE. I bought
it on the spur of the moment.

Also I have a company that want a AMD64 754 and so I will use rather
the ASUS then the Nvidea3 that is on the Gigabyte. At least I will
keep away from it.

Ernst