5.3Beta6 not working with Asus K8V Deluxe SE

Adrian Kamiński adrian.kaminski at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 01:00:44 PDT 2004

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 23:02:13 +0200, Thomas Fagart <tfagart at brozs.net> wrote:
> Release : 5.3BETA7-amd64
> 1. Install
> 1.1 ACPI enable -> Hang during Freebsd boot with the following message :
> Panic isadma_start : bad bounce buffer
> 1.2 ACPI disable, I get the install screen and successfully launch the
> installation, but once per two, randomly I've got a hang during the
> ports copy with : page fault cpuid 0
>
> 2. After install
> If per chance I get a "valid" system installed, I can compile kernel,
> install it, install software, but  system randomly will hang. For sample
> while doing the make buildworld , it hangs, usually with page fault  error.

Hi,
I guess you should better look at your RAM - there is list of
supported memory types & producents, maybe you should check it. I had
2x 512MB and one of them was broken so I get similar results (system
hangs when compiling), after replacement all seems to be all right
(uptime so far 2 days :).

Adrian