Make segfaults during RELENG_5_3 buildworld

Jose F Nieves nieves at caribeweather.com
Sun Nov 14 06:53:12 GMT 2004

I had a similar problem (with both gcc and make) trying to
conmpile a kernel on a Tyan Thunder K8W S2885ANRF
(2 opterons and 2 Gb ram). In my case I had to tweak some settings
in the BIOS related to the HT speed. If you run "memtest" and you get
errors then it is a memory problem of some kind probably, and if the memory
itself is not bad, then some setting in the BIOS may do the trick.

- jose