Preliminary support for running 32-bit Linux binaries

David O'Brien obrien at freebsd.org
Fri Jun 18 16:36:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 01:43:53AM +1000, Tim Robbins wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that my work on running 32-bit Linux binaries
> on FreeBSD/amd64 has come to the point where it runs almost everything I
> throw at it, including the Sun JDK, OpenOffice.org and Acrobat Reader.
>
> The patch and some brief notes on installing the Linux base system and
> a few popular applications are available at:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~tjr/linux32.html

You've been using Slackware bits, but the project has settled on Red Hat
bits for 32-bit x86 Linux support.  Can you retest with the same 32-bit
bits as in ports/emulators/linux_base/?

I feel we should install your bits into sys/amd64/linux32/ and leave
sys/amd64/linux/ for the 64-bit Linux compat bits.  This module's
Makefile should live in sys/modules/linux32/ also.

thanks for this great work!
--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)