[FreeBSD AMD64 Current] proper Options release name string for: SESNAP 0730 was: Re: Fwd: Re: Still can't

Will Andrews will at csociety.org
Fri Jul 30 12:06:22 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 01:43:20PM -0500, stuart nichols wrote:
> I've been ftping to the box repeatedly for several days, so I don't know
> why its not in the logs.  There is a pointer record for the address.

Oh, you didn't say you were using ftp, I assumed http.

According to the log, your problem is passive vs. active FTP.  It
tried to pull base.inf but the operation timed out.  Try HTTP
instead - it's a much less problematic protocol.

I will look into why it's using 5.2-CURRENT instead of the
special name 5.2-CURRENT-YYYYMMDD-SESNAP to connect.

Regards,
--
wca