[FreeBSD AMD64 Current] SESNAP 0730 Re: Fwd: Re: Still can't get -current, was Re: getting -current???

stuart nichols stu at area51.capnet.state.tx.us
Fri Jul 30 10:06:57 PDT 2004

Will,

I'm now using the 0730 build iso.  The installer comes up with the release
name set to 5.2-CURRENT.  I use the Custom line, make the whole drive a
FreeBSD partition, then label it with 6 partitions {/, /usr, /usr/local,
/var, /home, /export}.  This is all how I do the i386 install, and how I
did the AMD64 5.2.1-RELEASE.

I select ALL for the distributions and say Yes for the ports.

I choose FTP for the media and under URL pick snapshots.se.freebsd.org.
I say No to IPv6 and Yes to DHCP.  I type in a hostname and the rest is
DHCP supplied.  There is a lookup done on snapshots.se.freebsd.org, and
then it returns me to the menu where I select Commit.

The partition/label info gets written and the various partitions get
initialized.

Then I get a message saying that the "5.2-CURRENT" distribution files
cannot be found on the server: "Would you like to try another FTP server?"

I don't know what path the installer uses to find the release name, but
I've tried setting it in Options to various names, such as
5.2-CURRENT-20040730-SESNAP, but it seems to me that 5.2-CURRENT, or some
generic -current name, would be the expected value.  I've poked around on
the server but didn't see any likely candidate directory for the dist
files.

What am I missing?  What do I try next?

stu