CVSUP updates still not functional for AMD64?

Adriaan de Groot adridg at cs.kun.nl
Wed Jul 28 09:12:10 PDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 trorki at area51.capnet.state.tx.us wrote:
> CVSUP is not in the 5.2.1 packages, and the ports version says that is
> not for AMD64 when you try to make it.  I looked at the archives and it
> seems that something must have changed since early July, when someone said
> that a pkg_add -r cvsup would work.

5.2.1 is old and klunky. Update to -CURRENT for an all-around nicer
experience (like, modules, like, cvsup, like, everything). There are even
snapshots available from sesnap - check the recent archives of this list.

For -CURRENT, there is a cvsup package that you can just pkg_add -r.

For -KLUNKY, er, 5.2.1, there is a cvsup package that you can just pkg_add
-r with the right PACKAGESITE - to find out which PACKAGESITE, search the
archives of this list for messages concerned with cvsup (it's somewhere on
David O'Brien's webpages, IIRC).

> What's up with CVSUP?  Rather than hacking something, what's the proper
> way to do updates?

Get sesnap, that's fastest.

--
 Adriaan de Groot    adridg at cs.kun.nl     Kamer A6020     024-3652272
GPG Key Fingerprint 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE