several messages (regarding gcc)

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Sat Jul 3 16:54:03 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-03 at 16:27, Oliver Eikemeier wrote:
> Sean McNeil wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2004-07-03 at 13:41, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> > [...] The only concern I have is that gcc 3.4
> > produced a non-working openldap-sasl-server-2.1.30.  The compiler in
> > core -CURRENT made a functional one.
>
> Patches? Some hints what doesn't work (e.g. `make test'?)

I was afraid someone would call me on that :)

Originally, I didn't bother looking into this at all, but since you
asked I went and recompiled it and took a quick look.  It would appear
that the slapd program is linked with both libpthread and libc_r.  I
compiled it like so:

setenv CC gcc34
setenv CXX g++34
portupgrade -f openldap-sasl-server-2.1.30

This doesn't happen when compiled with the core compiler.

Cheers,
Sean