which motherboard and which chipset?

David O'Brien obrien at freebsd.org
Sun Feb 22 09:28:37 PST 2004

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 07:08:18PM -0500, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> Thanks.  But are you saying the VIA K8T800 chipset is flakey too, and

I have heard of no such things.

> I should only consider AMD-8000 based boards?

For a workstation, you would probably prefer the VIA K8T800 chipset as
you'll get things such as USB 2.0, and other niceities.  The AMD 8100
chipset is server oriented and is a little more "plain".

> Just from scanning the
> last month or so of archives, it looks like the bad hardware is pretty
> evenly distributed across chipsets, but perhaps that's not enough
> perspective.  I'm new here, after all..

I would re-read the archives. :-)

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)