[Fwd: Re: Dual processor, AMD 64 machine freezing.]

Andreas Braukmann braukmann at tse-online.de
Mon Feb 2 14:22:46 PST 2004

--On Montag, 2. Februar 2004 11:19 Uhr +1000 Mark Sergeant <msergeant at iexec.com.au> wrote:

> It should be noted that I was able to do a make world & kernel without
> the machine hanging on the local console.

hmmmpf. No irq-routing-guru hanging around?

That would be the 2880's version without dual scsi (mpt(4))?
It might be a hint, that I wasn't able to get the irqs right,
if I disabled the scsi devices (bad news for you).
As far as your dmesg goes you've disabled the S-ATA controller;
you may try to enable it.

>> > Do you mind showing the mptable output?
>>
>> http://www.snsonline.net/~sarge/mptable.out

Same BIOS revision, but with SCSI and S-ATA enabled (currently
without the aac) running 5.2RC2:

mptable:
<http://rnv2.tse-online.de/ab/k8s-amd64-52rc-mptable.txt>

that's quite different from yours.

dmesg:
<http://rnv2.tse-online.de/ab/k8s-amd64-52rc.txt>

dmesg -v would be interesting because of the more detailed
information regarding the apic/irq-routing configuration.
The problem is, that booting the amd64-kernel in verbose
mode produces a lot of ata- and acpi related garbage.

-Andreas