Direct rendering doesn't work with Xorg 6.8.1

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 23 15:19:09 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 02:30:27PM -0700, James Earl wrote:
> Roland Smith wrote:
> >After upgrading to 6.8.1, direct rendering stopped working. According to
> >the X logfile, direct rendering is enabled:
> >
> >(relevant portion from the logfile)
> >
> >Roland
>
> Same here.  I also had this problem with 6.7.0.
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-amd64/2004-December/002811.html
>
> It does feels like DRI is still working (at least 2D)... I haven't
> tested any OpenGL apps though.

AFAIK, DRI is only concerned with 3D. It has little or nothing to do
with the 2D drivers.

It used to work for me on 6.7.0, after fixing
/usr/src/sys/dev/drm/drm_os_freebsd.h.

I removed xorg 6.8.1 and dri, and installed the old 6.7.0 packages from
the CD, but that didn't fix the problem. :-(

Is there some other package I should have removed/replaced?

Roland
--
R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in email