amd64 laptop recommendations

Lars Tunkrans lars.tunkrans at bredband.net
Wed Dec 8 15:02:26 PST 2004

Michael W. Oliver wrote:
> On 2004-12-06T11:42:50-0500, Michael W. Oliver wrote:
>

> Both laptops have the ATI Radeon 9700 w/128MB.  The Ferrari comes with
> 512MB DRAM, while the Mayhem comes with 1GB.  The Ferrari has 4 USB
> ports, while the Mayhem has 3.

   The Max RAM on the G3  seems to be 1 GB whilst the Ferarri can can have 2 GB RAM.
   My AMD64 PC did use about 800 MB RAM while compiling/building Ports in 64 bit mode.
   Most of that was probably buffer cache.
   But if you want to run VMWare or similar  and an additional OS concurrently I dont like the 1 GB
   limit.

   //Lars