case for dual-processor Opteron machines

Adriaan de Groot adridg at cs.kun.nl
Thu Oct 23 15:24:35 PDT 2003

On Thursday 23 October 2003 20:38, David O'Brien wrote:
> > Speaking of Antec, I love the sonata..  Its the first respectably quiet
> > case I've come across.  Even the fans are mounted on rubber dampers,
>
> BUT, just to make sure people don't get confused: 2P Opteron boards won't
> fix into this case.  It makes the best Uniprocessor Asus SK8N case
> though.

While we're talking cases, I should point out that even bigtowers can be
cramped. The Chieftec Dragon has this problem while installing the
motherboard (www.cs.kun.nl/~adridg/amd64/ for some otherwise uninteresting
pics). And dammit, once I got the motherboard and all the stuff installed, it
turns out the primary (parallel) IDE connector is broken.

I've been working with David's snapshot ISO from a month ago, and it complains
about all the USB ports, and also doesn't find the on-board 3com gigabit lan
(the motherboard is a K8V). Is that, um, intentional?