5.2-beta panics after copyright

Adriaan de Groot adridg at sci.kun.nl
Sun Nov 30 15:15:12 PST 2003

So, I'm trying to build a kernel from sources cvsupped this evening. I
need to have options SMP in the kernel config, since it doesn't compile
otherwise. When it does compile, though, it does (text paraphrased,
numbers exact):

<copyright banner, FreeBSD 5.2-BETA #4>

Fatal trap 12
cpuid=0, apic id=00
fva = 0x20
 fc = supervisor write, page not present
 ip = 0x8:ffffffff803597aa
 sp = 0x10:ffffffff80860c30
 fp = 0x10:ffffffff80728740
 cs = base 0x0 limit 0xfffff type 0x1b
      DPL 0 pres 1 long 1 def32 0 gran 1
 ef = resume, IOPL = 0
 cp = 0 ()
trap 12

I suppose I could turn WITNESS and INVARIANTS back on, for this, but then
I still don't know how to track this problem down. Any suggestions?

[The machine itself is an amd64-3200+ on an asus k8v,1G RAM, which has
been mentioned here several times before if those details are important.]

--
 Adriaan de Groot    adridg at cs.kun.nl     Kamer A6020     024-3652272
GPG Key Fingerprint 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE