Varargs issues

Adriaan de Groot adridg at cs.kun.nl
Sun Nov 30 13:53:53 PST 2003

[aside: most-recent cvsup doesn't compile without options SMP, due to that
mp_maxid issue]

amd64/59650 is a PR of mine that I'd like to pimp for attention. The
real and present effect is that the ogg123 program from the vorbis-tools
port bus errors, but there's several test programs - even a short one - in
the PR. The problem still persists in a system rebuilt on the 23rd, and
I'm still waiting to see if today's builds are stable (ie. boot at all) to
test it on that.

The problem with the problem is that (a) I've no idea if I'm linking
everything correcly or need to do other thread magic (if so, the ogg12 app
has the same issues) and (b) I only have one amd64 box, so there's
a chance that the problem is purely local, even. Could someone, anyone,
run the test program in order to confirm (or deny) the problem? 'cause if
it _is_ a problem, then it potentially affects any application that does
threading.

--
 Adriaan de Groot    adridg at cs.kun.nl     Kamer A6020     024-3652272
GPG Key Fingerprint 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE